Thursday, May 28, 2009

full of thought...

I think it has finally hit me. Not that we are leaving. Not that I am going to miss California and the sunshine. Not that we are embarking on this strange voyage into the unknown with no jobs and not even an apartment lined up yet. Nope none of that...What has hit me though is that I am leaving my friends. They aren't coming with me.

Now honestly, I think that is unfair. Why can't I pack them all up into neat boxes and bring them with me, just like I'm doing with all of my beloved possessions?! I know everyone will love Boston. We could all move into a big house and it will be just like a co-ed sorority. That's not too much to ask, is it??? Just leave all of your lives behind and come with me. Okay???

Seriously though, I remember times in my life that I dreamed of having a core group of friends. Friends that understand me the way that I understand them. The type of friends that you don't have to say anything at all and they just get it. That you can spend hours with doing nothing at all and still having an amazing time. And now that I've finally found these fantastic, intelligent, beautful, fun-loving people, I'm leaving. Have I lost my mind??? Am I that crazy to leave something so great???

Now...I know...it's not like I'm dying. I'm just moving. Everyone will just be a phone call or plane flight away. Blah, blah, blah... While all of that is fine and true, it is still different. Not good or bad. Just different. I don't want to make new friends!! People always laugh at me when I say that. But it is true! I'm happy with the ones I have and don't have time for any more to come into my life.

Now it is time to plan a going away party. A time to say goodbye. A time to let everyone know how much they mean to me/us. My head has been spinning with how to make this happen. It seems the concensus is to have it at our house. I'm just not sure how to go about this one. Do we bbq, do we order in, do we do a potluck? I'm sure I'm giving this far more thought than needed. But I guess I wouldn't be me if I didn't. I just want to create an atmosphere where everyone feels welcome and has a good time, all while being able to enjoy myself. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment