Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Day & Birthday Continued

Last weekend was possibly one of the best weekend I've had in Boston in a LONG time. No, not just because it was Valentine's Day and my birthday. It was more because Mario and I actually got out and enjoyed ourselves.

Saturday after work, we went to a neighborhood to grab a drink and a cute Italian restaurant for dinner. We had been wanting to go to both for awhile and were so glad we did. Like I said, it was just good to get out of the house for a bit.

For Valentine's Day, all Mario wanted was Mickey Mouse pancakes. My mom used to make these for me as a kid and apparently, I've never made them for him. I think they turned out pretty well for our first time.

aren't they cute???

After breakfast, we headed out on one of our biggest adventures yet---- to get me a ring. Yep, folks, I officially have myself an engagement ring. Or rather, I officially have myself an engagement ring that I can wear. Mario proposed with his grandmother's beautiful ring, but unfortunately she has the world's smallest fingers and it doesn't fit. We have plans of designing our own ring using his grandmother's and one of my mom's. But these things take time and money, of which we have neither at this point. So, I asked if I could get an in the meantime/in between time ring. AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!

I hope you can get the gist of it. I've never taken a picture of my hand with a ring on it before.

Mario also spoiled me with a bouquet of chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne. I really am loved.
All in all, it was a great day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment