Monday, June 29, 2009

Indianapolis- Go Colts!!!

SHE SAID:
When we first put together the road trip, Indianapolis was automatically added to the list. Last Christmas, my mom bought my dad a personalized brick at the new stadium. Since he hasn't had a chance to visit, it was my job to find the brick and make sure it really existed. Even though I have to be a Patriots fan, I mean with the boyfriend and new city and all, I am definitely a Colts girl. The only time it becomes a problem is when the two teams play each other.

The new stadium is beautiful. Unfortunately it was closed for the day, so we didn't get to see the field. I kept hoping Peyton would walk by. Unfortunately no sightings. The brick wasn't too hard to find. They have the sidewalk divided up into different football terms (touchdown, field goal, etc). We just had to find the right area and there it was.

While there, we saw a listing for Purdue University. I thought it would be cool to take a photo on campus for my girl Randel. However, we got confused. Turns out it was just a branch of the school and the really campus is in West Lafayette. Oh well. Guess we'll just have to plan a trip to meet up there for a football game soon.

HE SAID:
We went to the stadium. It was nice. Then we left. Don't really have much to say about Indiana, as we did not spend a lot of time here. On to the football hall of fame!


The new beautiful Lucas Oil Stadium

Jim's brick!!!

Go Colts!

Downtown Indianapolis

No comments:

Post a Comment